I have been sitting around, complaining, and being grumpy all weekend. Clint and I have been faced with a new challenge in our lives while he works out of the state. It is very hard to have him gone, and it's hard to be stuck home with all of the kids by myself. (See I don't enjoy taking all 4 of them places--it gets stressful!) This is the first weekend he has been gone, and I have been short, and impatient all weekend. The lack of sleep from the baby, and the stress of this new change, and other decisions have only added to my mood. After, telling Tyson "No" 18 million times yesterday,for 18 million different things, and between the screaming, and the tantrum throwing that occurred all day, he looked at me and said, "Mom your mean!". I went into my bedroom, and pondered what he said to me. It really bothered me that I had lost all control over my attitude, to the point where my own son thought I was mean. I know all children say that when they get angry, but it was just something about it. We went about our days, still impatient with each other, but his little voice kept saying those words to me in my head. When I woke up this morning, I was searching online for some references to some things. I came across a message from Gordon B. Hinckley, about the women in the world. About our purpose here. No, it doesn't fix the fact that Tyson thinks I'm mean, or that I was in the wrong in my parenting skills yesterday. It was just so nice to hear the Prophets words, and to ponder and really remember my purpose in this life. I just thought it was a sweet message, and it really helped to change my attitude. I wanted to share it with everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Celeste how did you customize your header? I am sorry you had one of those weekends.Good luck, you are one strong woman.
That was so great I really needed to hear that, if you need anything you know i'm here love ya girl!!!!!!!
Post a Comment