Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Sweet Deal!

A few posts ago, I was complaining, because I couldn't decide on what to do about bunk beds for our girls. It was really a fight between a cheaper set or the set I really wanted. We have had money set aside out of our tax returns to get the girls a new set. However, with Clint still not working I was having a hard time wanting to spend that.
On Monday I was searching KSL and came across an ad for white bunk beds and 2 mattresses. It was only $260 which was better then the $800+ I wanted to spend. I called the lady and she never called me back. When I checked the ad later in the evening the bunks had been sold. I was heart broken. Okay, not really. It was very disappointing though. On Tuesday she called us back and said the people never showed to buy it and if we wanted them we needed to come first thing. Luckily Clint was home and was able to go and get them!!
They weren't the exact style I had wanted, but they weren't the cheap set either. They actually look like the ones being sold at RC Willey right now for $400.00 (which was just for the beds not the mattresses). It was the set I was leaning towards (it was the in between set). I figure buying the beds this way saved me a little over $600.
The mattresses didn't end up being that great--so we will keep searching for new ones. (Probably after Clint is working full time again.) They aren't icky...they are just more like a thick pad. The girls are little enough right now that they have no idea and it will be just fine.
A while ago I bought a comforter identical to Addy's and put it in storage. I knew this day was coming. I am really glad I did that now! I even got the second one on clearance. Their cute little bedroom is coming together.

The first night in the new bed was a little rough! Once she fell asleep she was fine--it was just getting her to stay in bed that was difficult. I think Addy was a little more naughty then usual, since it was her first night in a new bed too. She has been so excited about getting bunk beds and having Kaitlon move in with her. It may sound silly, but I am counting this as a blessing. We were able to get them the beds they needed in the amount that was more affordable for us. I think they will last us a long time too.

4 comments:

Claudy said...

Cool! I love a good deal and it sounds like you got one. The girls are going to have so much fun together on their new bunk beds.

Susan said...

Their room is so cute! It sounds like you got a good deal. Bunk beds will be in our future at some point because we plan on having another baby.

behoxer said...

That's not silly - definitely a blessing! These comforters are so cute with the white bunk beds! Great find.

Malinda said...

Their room looks great! I love the matching comforters on the white beds. KSL can be rollercoaster ride with finding a good deal and then not getting it. I'm glad it worked out.