Saturday, November 14, 2009

O'Christmas Tree

When I was growing up, it was tradition in our home to put the Christmas Tree up on Novemeber 10th. (It was my Dad's birthday) As much as I try to fight the urge, I can't help putting the tree up. I don't have anything else up yet...but we ended up with a free Saturday, so I took advantage of the oppurtunity. When I started this morning, it still looked like fall outside. When I finished, the ground was covered with snow. This year the boys were more into decorating then ever before. Which was fun, and stressful. Addyson just tried to help the best she could...bless her little heart. Clint is a scrooge, and I am sure I will hear it when he gets home from work. Oh well. I really had fun, I got to discuss the Savior's birth with the boys. They were asking such great questions. It reminded me how wonderful, and special this season is. To me Christmas is more then presents, and decorations. It's family, friends, it's the time of year when I think the world is a little nicer, and we remember those in need. It's when we celebrate the birth of our Savior, and to me he is the greatest gift we've been given. So here are a few pictures of us putting up our tree.



No comments: