Clint has decided that he wants to finish his college education. I am extremely thrilled for him. He started back to school this week. He only has a little over a year left, if he passes everything. I truly am thankful that he is trying to finish this, and we look forward to him graduating in the near future. He will also be able to start applying for Master's programs at the end of the spring. Which is fabulous news. He is taking 4 classes, plus a work study class. The work study class he does at work. He will just write papers, and things about his work experiences. Then 3 classes he takes online. Which still allows him to go to Weber State, even though he is working in Nevada. Those 3 classes are different classes in the Psychology field. I love Psychology, so I always enjoy hearing about what he is learning. Then he has 1 Saturday morning class, on campus. Which is another Psychology class.
As thrilled as I am that he is going back, I am exhausted just thinking about it. Not only do we have the most outrageous lifestyle as it is--we just threw another full time college semester into it. I think my new blog title should be, "4 kids & The Not So Single, Single Mom". I do say that with humor. I know Clint does so much for our family, and I need to just be long suffering. It's just so hard at times. He walked in the door from working 4 1/2 days out of the state. Gave us hugs, and kisses, and went strait to the assignments! Uggh! Then I get grouchy. I guess I need to just remember that this is a blessing. I am grateful for the education opportunities we have. I am also grateful to watch my husband learn, and excel in his career. He truly loves what he does. I think it takes a really special person to work with juveniles that have such SERIOUS issues.
And in other news... the lovely grand total for this semester text books:
$358.00 (Yes, we will gladly except donations.) Totally kidding!
I don't know if I should cry, or throw up! I mean really?! 1 of his books is brand new this semester. There were no used books even available. That 1 book cost $120.00 alone. So depressing. I could think of a million other things I would rather be buying with $358.00!!

4 comments:
I feel for you Celeste. That has got to be tough. We rented one of Steve's books from online. It was way cheaper and it has free return shipping. He just has to return it by January 2, 2011. The others we got at half.com. It is insane how much they charge for books.
That is awesome that Clint is back in school. Kind of sucks though huh. I know that feeling all too well.
I bought all of my books on KSL this semester and saved 250 dollars. Just so you guys also know, the bookstore will price match Amazon.com which usually has the textbooks cheaper.
Someday you'll think back and say 'How in the heck did we do it!' but until then you have great friends you can rely on:).
I am so sorry, I totally know what it is like to have a hubby in school. It is definitely hard, but you will be so glad to just have it finished. Dan always bought his books and sold them at half.com and so it is much cheaper there. It is hard on those boys for working/school, but you take some credit too, you are helping him out, he couldn't do it without your help!
Post a Comment