Since my little Tyson is 5, and since I have been using this as a journal...I figured I would "flashback" to the moment Tyson was born.
Five years ago today I was 35 weeks pregnant, I awoke at 7:00am. I had a little bit of stomach pain, but didn't think anything of it. I told Clint, we figured it wasn't any big deal, and figured if it continued we would call the doctor. So I went about my morning just trying to get ready. I showered, and tried to get ready. Although, the pain was just not going away, and actually getting worse. So I called my mom, who insisted that I was probably fine, and I should just call the doctor. When it got to the point where I couldn't stand up, and was crying, I figured I better go to the ER. Clint called my boss, she assumed I was in labor. So we left Preston home (my dad lived with us at the time), and headed on our way. On the way to the hospital which was about 25 minutes away, we called my Doctor's office to let them know what was happening. The nurses assured us that I wasn't in labor, and even if I was- I was only 35 weeks pregnant, there would be no possible way I was far enough along to deliver. So they talked Clint into coming there so I could be checked first. Well we arrived to the Doctor's office, which was 2 minutes from the hospital. By this time I was seriously not able to walk. So they took me to a private waiting area, so I didn't have to be in front of all the other patients waiting. As soon as we got in the private waiting area, my water broke. So instead of waiting, they rushed me to an examining room. Well we found out while waiting that my doctor was in surgery. So one of his partners came in to examine me. He took a look--looked at Clint and I, and said, "I have never delivered a baby in the office before, but I guess there is a first time for everything." I was dilated to a 10, and 100% effaced. He walked out to get some supplies, and not 2 minutes later (I was still bawling by the way--and begging for pain killers) he came back in and informed us that he had called an ambulance. He figured with Tyson being 5 weeks early it would be better for him to be born in an ambulance on it's way to the hospital. Within a minute (the fire station was really close) the ambulance was there. They loaded me on a gurney, wheeled me out (I later found out--there were some pretty scared pregnant women in the waiting room after that.) Clint had to drive over separately. The Doctor said, "Celeste, give me 3 contractions. Then you can push." I had 1 on the way out of the office, 1 in the ambulance, and 1 in the hospital elevator. They took me off the gurney, put me on the hospital bed, and Tyson slid out (literally--I never pushed once)! He was born at 9:18 am. Only 2 hours, and 18 minutes from the time I woke up. He weighed 5lbs. 1 oz., and was 17 inches long. He was 5 weeks early, and completely healthy. We never found out what caused his early delivery. I have just decided he has a mind of his own, he does what he wants, when he wants! It's true to this day-still!
I love you sweet boy! Happy 5th Birthday!
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:
I'm glad everything went Ok. Some kids are just determined to make a grand entrance!
Post a Comment