Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FaLL iS In ThE aiR

I love Autumn!! I love the colors, the activities, the holidays, the weather, I LOVE Sweaters, the leaves falling from trees, pumpkins, decorating, fall scented candles, and I love what I call "Fall Treats"!! So Last night for family night we made caramel apples! MMMM!!! It was so much fun. We unwrapped caramels--which really went fast this year. Usually I do it alone for the kids, and it takes forever. Then Clint, and I took turns melting them on the stove...that was a process!
Preston and Tyson worked so hard putting the sticks in the apples for me!
They did a really good job...we only had one wounded apple! :)
Then after we had all the caramel melted, we covered the apples with them!! Clint gave us a nice lesson about the 2000 Strippling Warriors. It was a great lesson for the boys to hear. Then we sat around eating our apples, and just having a great time!
We also have 3 out of 4 Halloween costumes now. We need to find one for Kaitlon. I was going to dress up with Clint this year, but he will be at work. So I am trying to decided if I still want to dress up or not. We got out all of our Halloween decorations, and put those up! I pulled out all of our Halloween books as well! The kids have had a great time reading them, every time I come in the living room they are sitting around looking at a new book. I love it!! It makes me feel confident that my children's book addiction is worth while! :) (If any of you have seen our play room book shelves you understand why I say that.)


Here are the boys with a pumpkin I made. I bought vinyl pumpkin faces, and put them on the craft pumpkins you can buy at Micheal's. The kids love it, and they turned out cute! Oh I just love this season!! Happy Fall Y'all!!!

2 comments:

amity said...

your blog is adorable!! i found you through claudy's. you are a busy woman with all your snacks and crafts. i am glad to see you survived the weekend and church.

Claudy said...

3 costumes already and caramel apples! I need to get on the ball. I was counting on reusing costumes but I've already been informed that's not happening. I think it's great you're thinking about dressing up.