Tyson says the funniest things these days! He and I went on a mother/son outing to buy him new underwear the other day. Our Deseret Book is next to Walmart, so after we were finished I ran in to check out a few things. Deseret Book sells the prettiest pictures. While I was over gazing at the one of the Salt Lake Temple I would love to own, Tyson said, "Mom look it's Jesus!" I said, "I know-isn't that a beautiful picture." Tyson then tells me, "Yes. Jesus died, mom." Then thinking to myself, 'oh what a great opportunity to discuss the Savior with my little boy', I ask him "Do you know why Jesus died?" As sweet, and innocent as an almost 5 yr. old can be he replied, "Because the bad guys shot him!". Needless to say, I spent the next 10 minutes explaining to my son that Jesus wasn't shot, but that he was crucified, and that he died for us. That he sacrificed his life, so that we could return to live with Heavenly Father again. I also discussed the Resurrection with Tyson, at which point he turned to me and said, "Then who's dying next?" I love Tyson, I love the way his curious little brain thinks. Often times he wears me out!! I was grateful that I had this little opportunity to bare my testimony to him, and to teach him about our Savior, and the sacrifices he has made for us. These are those little moments that make me feel so close to the Lord, and remember the innocence of children, and the sweet spirits they have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment