Wow! Time is flying by!! It feels like only yesterday I was leaving the hospital, getting ready to bring home my first born child, and tomorrow he will be 7 yrs. old! I have always tried to make birthdays really special around here. So this year I told Preston he could have a "friend party". When I asked him what kind of a party he wanted, he said, "A guitar one!" I thought hmm...guitar...really??...How will I pull that off!?! Well I am pleased to say it all came together pretty well. I made invitations using my good old printer, and my new cricut cartridge. :) Then I jazzed it up with some "rocker language!" LOL! I would also like to thank the maker of Pop Rocks, Guitar Hero, and Hannah Montana. They made party favors easy to come by. Also, thank you All-A-Dollar for carrying these products in your stores. We put together little treat bags that said, 'Thanks for "POP"ing in, and "Rock"in' out with me!' Each treat bag had a bag of pop rocks, and a guitar hero guitar or guitar pick in it.
Thanks to the Hannah Montana company, for making these wonderful guitar shaped gummies. I filled the pinata with! :)
I cut guitars out on my cricut machine for decorations. Then we hung them up! I also cut out phrases that were guitar themed, like: Rock Out, We will Rock You, Rock & Roll, and Party Time.
I got my brother to come up and play 'Happy Birthday', Preston gets his love of the guitar from A.J.!
Then his friends arrived!! And the party really got started!!
I cut poster board into a guitar shape, and let the kids color, and decorate them. Then we danced with our guitars to music! (Sorry I flip flopped the pictures when I was uploading them.)
We found a guitar pinata at Zurchers. We filled it with candy and treats!
It didn't take long to break open!! The kids were really cute trying to pick it all up!
We played Hot and Cold with a guitar pick. We also did a bean bag toss! Clint cut this out on his table saw. The kids did a great job throwing the bean bag in!! :)
Thank you again everyone!! Preston just loves his friends, and had such a great time!!

3 comments:
Maddie had a blast! I've been eating candy all day long.Maddie is going to have to start hiding it from me before she goes to school :)
I am so glad she had fun! She is such a cutie!! I have been eating left over candy too!! Not good for the diet! :)
Celeste you are amazing. Those are such cute ideas. Once Conner gets old enough to have themed parties I will be coming to you for help. Great job!
Post a Comment