Today was Father’s Day! We celebrated by just spending time together as a family! The kids just adore their Daddy. I think he is a wonderful Father. He is really just a big kid at heart, and I think that is why the kids love spending time with him. For Father’s Day we got Clint some new clothes. We never buy clothes for ourselves anymore. It’s always for the kids!! So Clint needed a couple new outfits. JC Penney has some amazing deals from time to time! I had 2 coupons…one for $10.00 off a $10.00 purchase, and one for $10.00 of a $25.00 purchase. So I made A.J. come with me. I picked out a shirt for $12.00, and had A.J. pay for it. He used the $10.00 off and ended up paying $3.00 total with tax. I picked out another shirt, and 2 pairs of shorts that were on sale. Even with the sale price it came to $29.00. So I used the other coupon and spent $19.00. My receipt said a total of $85.00 in savings! I was blown away!! I got him 2 outfits for $22.00. I was pretty excited!!! :) The kids also sang to him in church, and made little gifts in Primary/Nursery.
Clint actually made breakfast for all of us, but I did make him a BIG dinner. BBQ Ribs, baked potatoes, green salad, fruit salad, pink lemonade, and Brownies for dessert! It was delicious. I haven’t cooked like that in a while!
Oh, one other cool thing! When I got home from church I received a phone call from Applebee’s in American Fork. We ate there with Clint’s family last Monday, after our St. George trip. They had given the kids little pictures to color, and write what they loved about their Dad. We had no idea we were being entered in a contest. Addy’s picture was picked, and she won her Dad a gift card to Applebee’s. So that was kind of neat! She wrote (with my help) “I love my Daddy, because I am wrapped around his finger!” Clint is going to pick up his gift card, and get his picture taken on his way to work tonight!
Since it’s Father’s Day… Words cannot express the gratitude I have for my Father. I love him more then he will ever know. His love for me has always been strong, and powerful. He as taught me so much through his example. I am grateful he raised me with the gospel. That he took time to teach me, share his dreams with me, listen to me. He has been patient, and understanding. Heaven knows, I wasn’t always the easiest child. :) My Father is my hero. An inspiration to me. My friend. He has been there for me in my darkest hour, and my happiest moments. I am grateful for the bond we have, and I am a Daddy’s girl 4-ever!! ;) Happy Father’s Day, Daddy. I love you!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
2 Cool Dads!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment