Tuesday, June 15, 2010

St. George, Zion, and no KIDS!!

It's been such a long time since I have had a "grown-up" vacation. It's also been 9 yrs. since my husband and I have vacationed alone. (By alone I mean without kids). So this past weekend was absolutely wonderful, and very much needed. I am looking forward to doing it again REAL soon!
My brother, Clint, and I were able to go to St. George. It was so much fun!! We took over 200 pictures...so I will share just a few of my favorites. St. George is beautiful, and I miss it already! I loved it there. We ate (too much!), shopped, swam, went to the movies, and did some exploring! I love the Dixie Rock...I have no clue what it's really called. It overlooked part of the city. My favorite was that you could see the Temple from the view. It was beautiful!!
The Tonaquint Nature Center was so pretty! Such a peaceful atmosphere. There were little frogs ALL OVER! We were so afraid we we're going to step on them. It rained right before we went there. So Clint has his own post he will be sharing soon.

We visited Brigham Young's Winter Home. That was pretty nifty! I enjoy church history, especially when I can visualize it. My favorite part was this step stool. It's actually a prayer stool. It was really Brigham Young's...not a replica. It brought tears to my eyes to know that a Prophet actually knelt there, and spoke with God. It just amazed me how they lived, and I think I don't have nice appliances, or the "top line" things. It really put a lot in perspective.


We hiked Zion National Park all day! Oh, I loved it! It is so PRETTY! The Lord has created such a beautiful earth, and it makes me want to visit, and see all we have in the USA.




We did a lot of the easy hikes. Mainly, due to the storm coming in, and I was really worried about Clint's bruised up leg! I loved the Emerald Pool Trail. It was so nice! I can't wait to take the kids there.
We did a lot of goofing off...and played in the swimming pool at our hotel!

Then on Monday we were able to attend the sealing of my Dad, and Step Mom. It was really nice to be there with them. I am glad to have had that opportunity. Sealings are beautiful! The St. George Temple was gorgeous. I forget how lucky we are to have so many temples near us. I have enjoyed visiting the different ones.

So the kids--you were probably wondering where we left them...they stayed with Clint's parents. They had a blast, and we are really thankful to them helping us out! If you want to see what they were up to you can check it out on Grandma's Place. I love vacationing, but am never thrilled to come home to this:


Yes, that's 3 adults & 4 kids items for 4 days & 3 nights! UMMFFF! Off to do laundry now. :)

1 comment:

Claudy said...

We love St.George!So many fun things to explore down there. I'm glad you had a great time.