Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And here I thought she was BIG!!!

Today was Kaitlon's well baby check. I honestly thought my daughter was a big baby. I mean...she is the BIGGEST baby I have ever had. No..no..I guess I was wrong. Here are her stats:
Weight: 17.5lbs which is the 3rd percentile
Height: 27 inches which is the 5Th percentile
Head Circumference: 44.5 CM which is the 30Th percentile
So apparently she is small for her age. Could-a fooled me! She's HEAVY!!
I did get yelled at by the nutritionist, and the Doctor about this issue:THE BOTTLE!!!
I'm sorry, I just don't feel like listening to her cry for it. :( I guess I'm a terrible Mom, and we will be fixing this behavior. She has no teeth yet. So if she doesn't have one by 15 months...I guess we have a problem. Has anyone else ever had this issue? My teeth came in late. I guess I just don't understand how it will be fixed if she doesn't get any.

2 comments:

Bush Family said...

Wow doctors these days...LOL!! She just barely turned 12 months and they are yelling at you about the bottle? I would be the same way...I don't like listening to them cry:( Talk to my cousin Amy about the teeth thing she may know more if it's a concern!!:) Sorry again we couldn't make it to her party...the kids were SOOO mad at me! We'll have to go another time together!!

Susan said...

Funny that she and Zack are almost the exact same size, and he's 4 months, so no, you definitely don't have a big baby!! I need to post some pics of Zack so you can see a BIG BABY!!
I don't get it about the bottle... they don't think she should have one at all by 1 year? I've never heard that. I know lots of babies that use them later, including Breeley. I'm not sure what that would have to do with her teeth either.